- Acceptance of terms
AVAA’s social networks are the online communication channels that allow the association to inform its different audiences about the programs it develops: ProExcellence and the advisory program for studies in the United States, EducationUS.
- Description of the service
Through different digital platforms, we offer to the users information on fundraising events developed by the association, activities to attract new scholarship holders, and training activities carried out for current scholarship holders within the program. This content may be audiovisual whenever necessary.
When you visit our different platforms, you provide personal information directly, such as name, surname, contact details, username, etc., whenever they are requested; and in an indirect way, every time you interact with our platforms voluntarily. In any case, it is the user’s decision whether to provide such information or not. The information provided indirectly will be freely accessible both to us and to other users who interact with our platforms and social networks.
Participation in our platforms and social networks is voluntary. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login and are fully responsible for all activities that occur during your interaction.
- Behavior of members
You understand that all information, data, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you and other users (not AVAA), are entirely responsible for the Content published, transmitted and made available in any way through the site.
You agree not to use the site for:
– posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, disrespectful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
– harming minors in any way;
– impersonating any person or entity;
– posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party;
– posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or any other form of request;
– posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
– disrupting the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise adversely affect the ability of other users to engage in exchanges;
– interference with or disrupting the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
– intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national or international law;
– stalking or otherwise harassing another; or
– collecting or storing personal data about other users.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that AVAA has the right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion, to edit, remove, refuse or move any content that is available through the site. You agree that you must evaluate and assume all risks associated with the use of any content.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the site, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Special Admissions for International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data from the country in which you reside.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless AVAA and its affiliates from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the site, your use of the site, your connection to the site and your violation of these terms or another’s rights.
- No Resale of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for commercial purposes any part of the site, use of the site or the access to it.
- General practices regarding use and storage
You agree that AVAA may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the site, including, without limitation, the maximum number of days that postings on message boards or other uploaded content will be retained by the site, and the maximum number of times you may access the site in a given period of time.
- Modifications to the Service
AVAA reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the site (or any part of it) at any time. You agree that AVAA will not be responsible to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the site.
AVAA may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. You agree that AVAA is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further agree that AVAA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Each platform or social network may contain links to other websites. AVAA is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
- Defensive Actions
The Venezuelan American Friendship Association (AVAA) may, if it deems it necessary, eliminate any type of message that goes against the values of AVAA, that defames, slanders, or discredits, among others, the image of the organization.
AVAA is fully entitled to block from all its networks and platforms those users who do not comply with the conditions and terms described here.
- Use of the content
You agree that if you post content that acknowledges or applauds the work of AVAA and its programs, this content may be used as input to showcase the positioning of AVAA and its brands.
- Contacting the Website
Effective since January 2020